Monday, November 8, 2010

Post Digital Scrapbooking Day Weekend

So November 6th was DSD (Digital Scrapbooking Day) and this weekend was insane with scrapping activities everywhere! I was so exhausted last night that my eyes were definitely closing by 10 pm. I hope all the other digital scrappers took advantage of some of the awesome deals that were out and about this weekend!! I know I sure did. I managed to make a handful of chats, win some coupons, buy some new kits on insane sales and attend a couple of speed scraps. Yes, aside from eating and taking a break to sleep at night, I lived and breathed digital scrapbooking this weekend. Now, however, it is over and we must get back to reality and the reality I came to is “Oh my god, Christmas is coming.” Scary. I am not even slightly prepared :( But to keep this post slightly brief and to allow me to go off and work on some more necessary things, such as the overflowing pile of dirty laundry and loading my dishwasher, I will just post the last couple layouts I did. Tomorrow I am hoping to be back with a more substantial post. It is Art Every Day month and I have been working on things in between layouts, just don’t have pictures of anything but my layouts right now. So tomorrow I will be a better blogger!!

IAm

This layout was created for the 3rd week of Battle of the Creative teams. We had to make a monochromatic layout and we either had to switch pictures with our team mates or scrap ourselves. We decided to scrap ourselves, in purple. The actual scrapping had to be mostly in 2 corners of the layout too. I am not a big corner scrapper, so I’d like to try another monochromatic layout one day, but without the corner scrapping restriction. All the products used are by Geek Chic Scraps.

Top10

This layout was done for the final challenge of Battle of the Creative Teams. I must say as much fun as I had I am sort of glad it’s over. It really stressed me out for some reason! And most of the time when I sat down to scrap I wanted to just scrap what I wanted and not follow the challenge directions. But I am still very happy to have participated! This challenge we had to have a list of 10 things on our layouts and we had to use 10 and only 10 different products from our designers. Each member of the team had to use 2 of the same products on the layout as well. I had some fun coordinating the colors from 10 different products and figuring out what my 10 things to list would be. Eventually I settled on a list of 10 reasons why I rock. I am happy with this layout mostly, so yay! Again, this layout contains only products from Geek Chic Scraps. You can check out her pretty awesome blog HERE. It has her new releases, some recipes and all sorts of fun tips related to digi scrapping, photography and life!

MyHeart

This layout I did for a DSD speed scrap. It’s a picture from my mom’s wedding this spring. I used an action on the photo to give it kind of a neat blue-y tinge. Then I cropped it in real close to them and went about with the speed scrap instructions. I hadn’t participated in a speed scrap for so long, and it was nice to do one and have fun with it and just scrap! This isn’t even a creative team kit, I used one of my newly acquired purchases from the day to scrap with. This kit is called Eternally by Victoria Feemster and I just couldn’t pass it up. I fell in love with the colors and could see myself using pieces of the kit for so many different layouts! I was not disappointed, it was a very good purchase!

So there you have it, some of the art I’ve been working on lately. I have been working on some real art/craft things too, but DSD totally blew me out of the water this year so I have been scrapping a lot. Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!!

1 comment:

  1. Great LO's, Keira! I like your poem and I really like your title on The Top Ten Reason I Rock. Of course, the picture in your third layout is amazing! lol

    I really need to get my own wedding scrapbook going!

    ReplyDelete