Saturday, April 2, 2011

It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Spring!!

It’s officially starting to be spring-like where I live. The sun is shining and attempting to melt the mass amounts of snow we accumulated over the long winter. As the temperature stays above 0 more consistently during daytime hours I get that taunting voice in my head, summer will be here before I know it and I won’t be hiding in hoodies and baggy jeans. I am seriously kicking my own butt into gear to make a final exercise push to lose as much baby related weight as possible before the season of shorts, skirts & bikini’s.

BlogFitnessHead

I’ve got a great set of workout routines that I’m hoping are going to kill me enough to make some noticeable changes before I’m baring too much of myself. I’ve got a diet that has eliminated as many extra junk foods and drinks as possible, but is more about incorporating more good food in than it is about cutting anything out. I did a pretty complete set of measurements, which I will be posting once a month under the pretty tape measure header above, to see if there are any major changes. I’m really hoping there are, there are some numbers that I’m more focused on changing than others! Some of these numbers have changed since I initially started watching what I eat and making an attempt to be more active in January, so yay!

April 2011 Starting Stats:

  • Bust: 35.5”
  • Chest: 32.5
  • Natural Waist: 29”
  • Pant Waist: 35”
  • Hips: 38.5”
  • Thighs: 22.5”
  • Calves: 13.75”
  • Upper Arm: 10.5”
  • Forearm: 8”

Just so you don’t have to go looking, this brings my bust down 1/2”, my “pant waist” down 3”, and my hips are down 1”. I measured some extra places this time around, and measured some areas in different spots. I’m happy I went down in any of these area’s because while I tried to be more active, there were only a select few days that I was actually able to accomplish that. I’m hoping now if I put my full energy into it I will be able to bring some of those numbers even lower, while maybe building some up (umm hello chicken arms!)

Aside from attempting to work out, finding new recipes to try out (apparently I have to improve my sad cooking skills) and looking at paint colors/home décor for house makeover this summer; I’ve been busy with the kids. Specifically this little man:

KaleUnderTable

I swear he’s going to be walking any day. He climbs everything in sight like a monkey, loves to bounce around in his jolly jumper and has acquired his 2 middle bottom teeth within 1 day of each other! Things are very busy around here now that he is so mobile, I feel like I’m constantly chasing kids everywhere! His sisters are pretty good with him most of the time, but at 2 and 4 years old I can’t really rely on them to all wear each other out every single day. It makes all those mundane tasks like cleaning, laundry and errands a whole lot more, ummm, exciting. (Insert any variety of other words in there though. Stressful, rushed, hard to accomplish; they all fit into that sentence one day or another. I’m hanging in there however, always hanging in there.

Happy Saturday folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment