Friday, September 24, 2010

Falling For You

You must check out this gorgeous new fall kit from Geek Chic Scraps!! I am in love with the colors and the fun fall elements. It is seriously the perfect kit for all your fall pictures! You can check it out at Gotta Pixel (image linked):

FallingAd

Even though my computer died and all our pictures were lost, I had the perfect use for this kit. This is the last fall we are spending in our rental house, so I took a picture to celebrate us getting out of here! (Which is happening this weekend. Yay!!) It was fun to scrap again, and I did something different with my shadowing, slightly more realistic. I still need practice and some tweaking but I like the effect a lot more than my previous shadows!

Fall2010

This layout was done using the kit above “Falling for You” by Geek Chic Scraps and also a blocked partial template by Libby Weifenbach from Sweet Shoppe that I duplicated to make a completely blocked background. I wasn’t so sure about it at the beginning, but I am happy with the layout now that it’s all shadowed and everything. I did some editing to my photo, which is shocking since usually I just black & white it and slap it on. This time I used some actions and even a photo texture from Paint the Moon. There are some gorgeous photo actions and textures available for purchase there!

Now, I must go, the kids and I are having cold pizza for lunch. I never thought I’d miss a microwave so much but this week has been hard to deal with food wise because everything’s been packed up. I still have some last minute packing to get ready for the move tomorrow! Hope everyone has a great weekend and I will most likely be back Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment