Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We’re in!

So we managed to get all moved into the new house this weekend!!! Man flew home Friday night, we moved 2 loads Saturday, 2 more on Sunday and then he had to fly back south Sunday night so he could make it to school yesterday morning. Now, the fun begins. Unpacking with 3 kids, 3 kids who got vaccinated yesterday and were horribly upset about it. They seem to be doing fine today though.

Yesterday I found the important stuff…you know, kids toys and most of the kitchen related items. I also have the bathroom upstairs set up enough that its usable and the kids had their first baths in the nice, new, bigger tub last night!! They had a blast! I can not tell you how happy I am to have a real bathroom. One with shelves and drawers and places to store all your bathroom stuff. A big mirror and proper lighting, oh, and a window that isn’t in the shower. There’s also a downstairs bathroom with a nice big corner shower in it.

My kitchen is fantastic. We have a dining room, which of course means we now have to buy a dining room table and chairs because at the other house we had a small table stuck in a corner so the kids could sit and eat, but we always just ate in the living room. They also left us with their basically brand new appliances! I did the first load of dirty dishes in the dishwasher last night…a dishwasher that will let me put them through without having to heat dry them. The old dishwasher I had to pay attention to when it stopped washing so I could go and stop it from drying them. The fridge is so much nicer than the old one, it has shelves that slide out, you can adjust the humidity levels of both crispers and it has a hanging egg carton shelf! The built in microwave above the stove is a fantastic thing too. The less appliances I have on kitchen counters the better!

In non house related news I also had to take the kids to all be vaccinated yesterday. Because I was a bad mom and never took our youngest girl, she has to play catch up and that poor girl had to get 5 needles yesterday while her older sister and the baby both only needed 2. Her and the baby have to go back in 2 months time for another round, while the oldest is now good for 6 months. I tell you it was sure quiet in the house when we got back, they were all cried out and sleepy from the Tylenol! It was lovely to have a few hours silence. So far no nasty side effects, which is good, I couldn’t handle all 3 of them ending up with fevers.

We also got to eat food yesterday that didn’t come from a restaurant! I am sure I gained 5 lbs in the last week and a half because we’ve had to eat out since everything was packed up. I feel all blah and sluggish and gross. My body hates me, as do my jeans. Once everything is all unpacked and set up I’m going to have to start dragging my sorry butt up to exercise again, because this will just not do!

Anyways I must go, I have a little girl who apparently hates pajamas running around in only a diaper and it’s a bit chilly today. Also must continue with the unpacking and organizing during the day so that I don’t feel too bad about sitting around at night scrapping once the kids are asleep. Oh and I also have to find a movie case for one rented DVD and the DVD I rented the kids (which I found the case for) because someone, not me, packed them up and they need to be returned by well, probably today! UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment