Monday, September 20, 2010

New Computer!!

Ok, so I kind of bailed on the blog, but for good reason. Ok, not good reason, but for a legitimate reason! My poor laptop kicked the bucket…with all my pictures and everything else not backed up. It made me want to cry!

Luckily the man was in the city and was able to bring me a new computer home in a week and a half! So I am now the proud owner of a lime green Sony Vaio! It also came with a nice upgraded version of Photoshop Elements and a few other programs I really wanted. I also now have ACDSee!! I am beyond stoked. I will be able to speed scrap again, once I get more scrap stuff downloaded that is. I already have tags set up and have the first scrap kit I have downloaded tagged and ready to go! Yay! That was my one pet peeve with speed scraps, I’d get all set up with a kit and it wouldn’t have something I needed. Now I can just search it by tag, before I had to frantically try and remember a kit that had that item so I could go and find it.

I’m still in the process of getting everything set up, and definitely haven’t been able to get all my files off my dead laptop yet, but I am trying to keep my hopes up that they will be able to get at least my pictures off of the old one for me. Everything else I can replace, re-buy or re-download.

We were supposed to be in our new house now,  but there were problems with the people who were supposed to install the carpet getting it done. So now I’m stuck in the old house, with 90% of our stuff out of it packed up in our trailer and 3 kids. There are like 2 plates, 2 glasses and a bowl. No cooking dishes, no small appliances like microwaves…it’s not fun. At all. They are supposed to have the carpet fully installed by tomorrow but now the man has gone back south for school, so unless his friends are around to help me move things and hook the big enclosed trailer up to the truck and back it into my new driveway, we are stuck this way until the weekend.

To make matters worse, his mom came up to help us with whatever we needed, whether it was packing or keeping the kids out of our hair, and her brother had a stroke the Friday night. She didn’t find out til Saturday morning, but they said he was ok just in the hospital. Well Sunday morning came along and she got a call saying no he wasn’t doing so good, so man had to take off earlier than expected with his mom to drive her the 8 hours home. This morning I got the news that he passed away, so I’m glad that they left when they did.

We are at war with our landlady. She is ridiculous. I am glad that by the weekend we will be through with her, though I heard from the people we bought our house off of that she has been doing drive-bys of the street trying to find the house we’re moving into, because we refuse to give her our forwarding address. She doesn’t need it. The day she shows up at that house will be the day I call the police on her. We have officially served her through the proper channels over her lack of actual landlady-ing. She sure liked to take the money, but didn’t like to deal with any of the problems. 2 years of this house has been more than enough!

I however should go. The baby is starting to stir, and the girls are both in bed which means that after I feed and change him I will be able to scrap and watch the movie I rented! Today was a stressful day to say the least, but tomorrow is another one and hopefully it will be a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment