Monday, September 6, 2010

September Long

The September long weekend was relatively uneventful here at our house. We did some more packing around the house and a lot of cleaning as well. Sunday afternoon we went out to buy some groceries and got a pizza and a couple movies to make the weekend somewhat special. The girls sat down with some pizza and watched Horton Hears A Who, which they hadn’t seen yet, but loved! They were both quiet for the entire movie, didn’t bug me once! I got The Runaways for myself and I really ended up enjoying it. I can’t believe how grown up Dakota Fanning is, but she did a superb job of losing the little girl vibe.

I also managed to find some time to scrap a layout, but I can’t post it yet because the kit has not been released. It’s such a cute kit though and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to scrap with it! I assure you that you will like it and can’t wait to be able to openly post my layout! I even managed to get a bit of designing started…working on a new kit that hopefully you will all enjoy. I am warning you though that it may be slower going because of the baby, the other 2 kids and the big move. I can’t wait for things to be settled back down to normal. I also have a new template set in the works as well as a few other things that I just can’t wait to share.

I’m looking for some good creative teams to apply too as well since I’ve actually got my scrapping mojo back and have a great desire to scrap for the first time in a long while. I had to take a break because I felt like I was doing layouts just to get creative team requirements done. I had taken my scrapping in different ways and was trying new styles out and some of the designers I’d been working with just didn’t mesh well with my new scrapping style. It was my own fault because I found it hard to say goodbye to these people who’d taken me in when I was so inexperienced! I know now that was not what I should have done and am avidly searching for designers who I think my style would now work well for! I love all styles to look at but some I can just not for the life of me pull off in my own layouts.

There is a lot of buzz, with all sorts of things coming up, so stay tuned! As for me, right now I have to go. I am in the mood to scrap and watch The Ghost Writer before the baby and I head to bed. We have his first doctors appointment tomorrow so it will be nice to see how he’s doing! He was 8 lbs 3 oz and 21 inches at birth, so it will be neat to see how big he’s gotten in the last 6 weeks. I have a guess but I don’t want to say because I’m certain I will be way off! I used to be really awesome at guessing weights of things, but kind of lost accuracy somewhere along the way. Anyways, I will update you all tomorrow as to how my little man is doing! Night everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment