Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Couple Things!

Ok, well today I have a couple things to let you all in on!!

First off, I have a sneak peek of a kit coming out tomorrow from Geek Chic Scraps. I am in LOVE with the colors she used in this awesome kit and I can not wait to be able to work with it!! So keep an eye on Tara’s blog to see the reveal shortly!!

AuberginePeek

Oooo…pretty right?! RIGHT?! Yay!!

Now, for some more “Oooo pretty” I have my layout done for the second week of DSA’s Battle of the Creative Teams!! I love this weeks layout! We had to “scrap lift” 2 of our team members layouts into 1. Scrap lifting is always fun, but combining elements of 2 layouts into one is not normally my strong suit! I managed though and came out with a layout that I have no real problems with, which is not easy to do as I like to be highly critical of everything I do. For this layout I used the kit Sweet Daydream from Geek Chic Scraps. I was a little worried with the pink in the kit that it would be too girly for my layout since I wanted to put all the kids on it, but I was wrong (again) and it worked out fantastically! I also used her Just Say It Vol. 1 for the little word strips, and I fell in love!! They are awesome and I’m looking forward to being able to incorporate them into more layouts (and maybe snag her other sets of them too!) So without further chatter from me, here is my layout this week:

Tomorrow

My third piece of business here today is just a nice reminder that right now you can get the awesome Halloween Collaboration kit that all us ESS designers created by going to the ESS blog every day and downloading a portion of it from now (well yesterday) until the end of the month. Seriously this kit is huge! And what can be better than free?! I am in love with the part that I did for it and am just waiting til it’s all been handed out before I show it off here, but yes, seriously in love with it!

33bfms6

I have a few other things to share, but those will have to follow in the days ahead! For now I just thought I’d give a little update while I’m taking a cleaning break! Hope everyone’s having a fantastic Thursday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Loving your new blog. I like it when you write as it always has something in it that makes me chuckle. Like the new layouts you've done. Glad to see you are back scrapping!

    ReplyDelete