Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Been a Long Couple Weeks

Oh I’m so happy to say that my kids are all mostly better feeling now. The baby still has a bit of a cough, but the other 2 are great and I’m starting to feel better too. Yay! I have a literal ton of crap to catch up on so I will try to do so slowly over the next couple days. I hope everyone is having a great holiday season so far, I know we are doing well with ours. It was our youngest daughters 2nd birthday on Sunday night and it was a blast to see her so excited for things. I can’t wait til Christmas now for her to open all those presents and be even more excited!

I’ve joined a couple new digital scrap creative teams, so that is exciting. I’ve joined on with 2 of my fellow ESS designers as members of their CT’s and I’m already enjoying working with these fun ladies. I also was happy to be chosen as a member of the Log Your Memory 2011 Challenge team so I will be working with them from January to June of the quickly coming year which is very exciting on it’s own! I’ve been scrapping some layouts but just not had time to post them, and there are a few for things that aren’t released yet so they have to wait. I love being able to scrap with new stuff before it’s been released, but I really hate waiting to post layouts, I always want to share them right away, especially if they turn out to be ones I really like, which is a category the last 3 fall under. I can share 2 of them today, but the 3rd one has to wait for a bit longer yet!

This first layout is using a kit called Remember Your First, which is actually a collaboration between the 2 designers at ESS who’s teams I’m a member of now. I had a lot of fun with this layout, and loved the idea of the kit. I’ve been wondering what to do with these pictures for ages, and how to scrap them but now I’m glad I waited, because this kit was perfect!

PaciTales

The second layout I can share today uses a really pretty kit called Happy New Year! Since I did this layout before my old computer got here I had no pictures that would work, not even birthday, so I came up with an idea for a photo less layout and went with it. I love the way it turned out. I’d become such a minimalist when it came to using embellishments on my pages in the last little while, so it was nice to play around with lots of elements and layers again.

ResolutionsVsReality

Now of course I have birthday pictures to scrap from Sunday, but we’ll see if they end up being done with this kit or a different one, a lot of the colors would work well with the pictures, but there are so many kits out there waiting to be used!

The last few days have been the big transformation to Christmas in our house. We had a tree before, but it was so old that I never bothered to put it up, so over the weekend I decided my big gift to the family this year would be to buy us a new tree. I managed to find a really nice one too, and of course I went for pre-lit LED. If you’re going to buy one you might as well go all out. Fake Christmas trees are expensive, but I know it will last us years so it was worth it. The kids love it, all of them. Even little Mr. Kale seems to squirm his way over to it to drool on all the wrapped gifts and pull their tags off!

I have a bunch of Reverb10 prompts to post too, I’ve been writing my answers down for some of them but again, just not posting them, so I’ll share just a couple here today in hopes to slowly catch back up to date, haha.

Dec 8

Prompt: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.

There are so many things that make me different, just as I’m sure that everyone has so many things that make them different. While most people my age are out on the weekends drinking and partying and listening to whatever new music is hot that weekend, I stay home with my kids cleaning, baking, scrapbooking and normally either listening to cartoons or 80’s hair metal. Some people might think I have to because I have kids, but I think that most weekends I would choose to. I still like to go out and have fun and what but I really do prefer to stay home and be with my kids playing or making crafts or watching cartoons. I also think I’m different because I’d rather learn how to make something with my own 2 hands than just run out to the store to buy it. This is something I hope to bring more of into my life next year. I have a sewing machine that hasn’t been unpacked since moving, so it would be nice to get that back out so I can make up some cute stuff. I like my soap handmade, I like my treats baked at home, I like looking for neat things to make to furnish this home that don’t come mass produced from Wal Mart (basically our only store where I live.)  I’m that girl who even if I only get to go out once every 4 or so months will 9 times out of 10 stay sober so that everyone gets home ok, so that people can remember what they did and so I can drive our sitter home instead of send her home in a cab. I’m the girl who wakes up early every morning to make sure the man gets up and off to work on time because he sleep really heavy and the alarm isn’t always guaranteed to wake him. I like to read, I love to watch documentaries, I would live in plaid flannel pants if I could get away with it. Compare me to the majority of people I went to high school with and I’m definitely one of the odd ones out. It doesn’t really bother me though. Yes, there are days where I’d rather buy myself new clothes than buy baby clothes or diapers or pay bills, but I deal with it in my own way.

Dec 9

Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

There really weren’t any sock rocking parties in 2010. Most of the parties I went to were for kids birthdays. Morgan’s 4th birthday was pretty fun, well the parts I got to partake in, since the baby was born only a month before I had my hands pretty full with him so I didn’t get to do the boating or anything, but it was a camping birthday so the kids got to have all sorts of fun and that is the main point. I went to a housewarming party for friends that involved fireworks and police, haha, but I was still severely pregnant at that point in time, so I was tired and ended up leaving pretty early. We had a grey cup party here with lots of yummy snacks and it was fun until 2 of our friends started arguing, then it lost it’s appeal a bit. We just had a party here for April which was super fun for her. Lots of the adults seemed to be hung over from some Christmas party the day before, so it ended pretty early. That was really about it for me. It will be nice to spend some of the big holidays not pregnant so that I can maybe have a little bit more fun at the few social events I attend!

Dec 10

Prompt: Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?

I think the wisest decision I have made this year has been made far too late in the year for any idea on how it’s played out. I have decided that even though I do have to take care of others I can’t just totally disregard myself, so I need to start taking better care of me and doing things I like and I want to do. We’ll see how this plays out as 2011 approaches because it really wasn’t decided until mid December, and hasn’t really had any time to take form in my life yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment