Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reverb 10 Day 6 & 7

Prompt: Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

The last thing I made was actually just this past Friday. I was going to a fancy Christmas party and had nothing fancy to wear that fits me post baby yet. I turned a maternity skirt that I’d bought and never actually worn into a halter dress. I also made a fabric flower to put in my hair since I was doing it somewhat fancy but needed a hair clip of some sort and didn’t want to use one of my kids. I just used stuff I had in the house because I had no time or money to go out and buy something fancy (on top of the fact that it’s hard to find dressy clothes where I live. In the land of sweatpants and hoodies.)

There are lots of things I want to make, but I never have the time. Or I never seem to have the time. I spend a lot of the time I could be using to make things being a big old procrastinator, so it’s my own fault I don’t get more done I guess. It would also be nice if some of the time I could have kid free time to make things, it’s hard to be all gung-ho to make something when you know you’re going to have to stop at least every 10 minutes to deal with the kids. I think that is another reason why I don’t bother starting a lot of the time. I hate being interrupted and I know I will be.

Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?

I think I have discovered more of a sense of community online this year. Through all the digital scrapbooking sites, crafting blogs, blogging here, and all the art or other things I take part in through the internet I have “met” some great people who I obviously have common interests with. It would be awesome if in 2011 I could connect more with people who actually live in the same area as me, but there just don’t seem to be a lot of people here who share my interests, or have the time to get together. We all seem to have way too busy of lives on our own to ever manage to work anything out. I have been able to spend time with the man’s friends and their wives/girlfriends this year, and some of them are ok. But some of them aren’t. Some of them are people who I wouldn’t choose to be around if I had other options, but I suck it up and deal with it because at this point any contact with other adults is better than none. I’m hoping in 2011 to just continue to grow and maintain the connections I have already through my interests and hobbies, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment